Grand Rapids, Michigan, July 16, 2021 – Have you always wanted to work at the airport? Now’s your chance as the Gerald R. Ford International Airport will host a career fair on Tuesday, July 20.
The Ford Airport Authority and 12 of its tenants and service providers are looking to fill nearly 260 jobs, ranging from Airport Ambassadors and mechanics to customer service agents, cashiers, cooks and security guards. The event will be held at DoubleTree by Hilton at 4747 28th Street SE from 1 to 6 p.m., with no advance registration required. Many employers will be hiring on the spot.
The Ford Airport is partnering with Michigan Works! to share the opportunities with job seekers. Paid parking is included for all positions.
“This is a tremendous opportunity to work at or for the Ford Airport, which connects West Michigan with the world,” said Maureen Lynch, human resources director for the Ford Airport Authority. “Whether you are starting your career or looking for the next challenge, we have a job for you – at one of the coolest locations in West Michigan!”
Companies and organizations hiring include:
- AvFlight: customer service agents, line service technicians, airline services supervisor, a mechanic and seasonal de-icer
- DK Security: security guards
- Envoy: ramp agents
- Experience Grand Rapids: Airport Ambassadors
- FedEx: material handlers
- Ford Airport Authority: seasonal equipment operators
- HMS Host: Line and prep cooks, baristas and snack bar attendants
- Hudson: Sales associate, stockers and supervisor
- Signature Flight Support: customer service representative, line service technicians and seasonal de-icer
- SP Plus: shuttle driver, parking attendant, cashier and supervisor
- The Professional Group: general cleaners and floor technicians
- TSA: officers
About the Ford Airport
The Gerald R. Ford International Airport is the second busiest airport in Michigan, serving business and leisure travelers with nonstop and connecting flights on six airlines. The Ford Airport is managed and operated by the Gerald R. Ford International Airport Authority. For more information, visit www.flyford.org or follow the airport on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @FlyGRFord.
# # #